Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yes Life for iOS

Few days ago, a new app released, Yes Life for iOS. This app was developed by YTL Communications Sdn Bhd. 


So, I made a review on this new app. With this app, I can use the Yes ID to send SMS and make phone call to any Malaysia or International numbers through Wi-Fi or 3G network.

As I don't have Yes ID, so I need to register for a new one through Yes Life for iOS app. I run this app through my iPad and it runs at the iPhone resolution. Although I can double the screen, it will cause pixelation to the app. 






I took within 5 minutes to register for the Yes ID and then I login into the app. This app will sync with my contacts list and show the contacts, message, call, history and more in the app. 





I tried on the call and the SMS functions. 





I am very impressive with the call quality. It is as clear as normal phone calling. Meanwhile, the buffer time to send and receive a reply for SMS would take around 5 seconds just like normal phone. 

As this was a new released app, Yes Life trial application is available to be downloaded through iTunes and registration with this app would receive free RM 5 credit with 14 days trial. Before the trial ends, user is required to reload at least RM 50.

Based on current Yes packages, all of them do not attract me to subscribe yet as each of the month, I need to have at least RM 30 balance in my account each month and they will deduct the RM 30 in the balance each month. I am not a heavy user that would spend more than RM 30 credit.