Thursday, May 12, 2011

Phishing Site of Online Banking

Referring to today's The Star Online on 'Manager losses RM 4,200 with just one mouse click' 


I have been receiving the same emails as being described by the victims. I show some of the print screen of the email that I received. 




I received such emails from different sources and contents all the times. In one week, I will receive several of these emails and everyimes, I would ignore it and my mail box will automatically delete the email. 


When I read today's The Star, I was sadden as Malaysians had fallen into their trap and their money have gone within 5 minutes. These predators would use catchy words to attract victims such as 'Note : if you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporarily suspend your online service account' Of course when we heard the word suspend, we would be panic and respond to the mail immediately without think much on the consequences. 




Let's have a look on the first email received from Maybank2u. 




Interesting on this email, it was sent by Maybank2u from SECURECIMB@rrohio.com! Sent from Maybank but yet inside the mail the content refer to CIMB Bank account. The most funny is the signing off where it shows "Thank you. Malayan Banking Berhad (CIMB Bank)" No doubts this email came from non-Malaysians. 




I went ahead and clicked on the link of the Clicking Here. It shows the link was from www.fingerboardpt.com 




I would received the Warning : Suspected Phishing Site! when the site loads.  




Remember! Never login via email links, Never reveal your PIN / Password to anyone. Copied from Maybank2u login page.