Sunday, May 22, 2011

PSD Scholarships Flummoxed

Once again this year, the newspapers reported grouses of top students of SPM were unable to get their choices of PSD scholarships.

Some scored very excellent such as 9A+ and 1A and wishes to get a degree in engineering in Germany instead is offered a diploma.

It happens every year and this year is different as our Prime Minister said anyone who gets 8A+ would get a PSD scholarship regardless of races, background and etc. However, these few days newspaper reported cases of top students obtaining the minimum requirement of 8A+ do not receive their preference PSD scholarship.

The worst was reported by the Deputy Education Minister, government officers who failed to follow Cabinet directives was one of the main reasons why top students failed to get scholarships. How come this can be happened?

It is sad to see this case happening each and every year. I recall back my time when I finished my SPM examination, I wasn't having excellent results to apply for scholarship, thus, I couldn't apply for the PSD scholarship but I applied for matriculation. Yet I didn't get a place in matriculation and had to further my study in STPM.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad