Friday, May 20, 2011

Stream Audio from iPad to PC

I like to listen to radio but sadly when my broadband monthly quota finishes, my line would be lagged and hardly to listen to online radio. However, my iPad can stream the online radio smoothly using the hitz.fm app (for Hitz FM, MyFM, MixFM, and Lite FM), MPB app (for Fly FM and One FM) and SingRadio app (for 988) even after my monthly quota.


All these apps can play online radio stations smoothly. But the problem is I need external speakers or earphones to play the music as I scare on the internal speaker would spoil if I use it to play music for long hours. Hence, I search in the internet and found this software calls, Shairport4w. This software allows Windows to wirelessly stream audio from iOS device similarly to AirPlay. It requires Apple Bonjour in order to run this software which is already available if you have installed iTunes.



All I need to do is download this software and run this software. This software doesn't need to install into computer. Then, open my radio app, MPB, let it runs on One FM. I can see beside the volume, an icon for me to choose either to play audio with my internal speaker or PC. 



Now I can enjoy my online radio stations from my laptop speakers via iPad apps!