Friday, June 10, 2011

930 tonnes of food being thrown away every day

Adapted from The Star


Looking at the title alone, it was scary to hear so many wasting foods are thrown away each day. This is true as I seen it with my eyes how Malaysians bad eating habit of unfinished foods. 

In my campus, I see a lot of Malaysians took a lot of foods on their plates and I am impress with certain of them who are able to finish all of the foods. However, I am disgrace to most of them who are not able to finish all of the foods. Some of the foods just being eaten with few bites. 

I am wondering what they are thinking of waste foods. Are they very rich persons? or they are trained to be like this in their home? I am very curious to know ! 

There was one time, I am together with my gf in Pizza Hut Taiping and saw two Malays couple eating beside my table, ordering a new set of appetizers . They just ate few bites of the appetizers and left the remaining on the table! I am wondering what they are thinking? The unconsumed foods can be taken back to give to family members or anyone else. By leaving the foods on the table, all the unconsumed will be thrown to dustbin. It is wasting the foods!

Image courtesy from The Star