Monday, August 29, 2011

Facebook on Skype

Skype updated with two new features of Facebook instant message (chat) and Facebook news feed within the Skype.

Newsfeed features
- See your Facebook wall directly in Skype
- Update your Facebook status
- Easily Like or comment on a Friend’s status
- Call your Facebook friends directly on their mobile or landlines

Skype to Facebook IM features
- See Facebook friends in your Skype contact list
- See when your Facebook friends are online
- Instant message with your Facebook friends direct from Skype

I had updated my Skype to the latest version and tested on the instant message feature with my Facebook friend and found out the instant message is not working properly. My friend can received my message but when my friend replied, I cannot see the message from my friend in the Skype but appeared in my Rockmelt. I would get this message in the Skype "Your friend is now offline. They may not have received this message" whereas my Facebook friend was online at that moment. 

Meanwhile for the newsfeed feature, it is really interesting as I can check on my friends' post from my Skype and click "Like" or comment on my friends' post. I can even made a video call to my Facebook friend from the Skype.