Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CSL Spice MI700


CSL is going to release a Android Tablet in Malaysian market in September. It would be the first in Malaysia and maybe in the world to have a tablet with SIM card for calling out. Malaysia Boleh..!!

According to the news released few days ago in the internet, this Android tablet would feature the version 2.1 (Esclair) and is upgradable to version 2.2 (Froyo)

That's a great news for me because I was planning to get an Android Tablet when I am travelling in Shanghai this coming September. I was aiming at the Apad IRobot which is around RM 300+ or USD 100. It is a very cheap..! However, my concern was this Apad is China made and no warranty could be claimed when I bring back to Malaysia. At the same time, this Morning, my friend posted in my facebook on this newly launched CSL Spice MI700 Android Tablet, made my mind changed.

This CSL Spice MI700 features :

- SIM slot..!!
- 3G Quadband and GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA
- Display : 7-inch, TFT Capacitive 16M colours screen
- Dimension: 179.4(H) x110(W) x11.5 (T) mm
- Sensors :G-sensor, E-compass sensor and Ambient light sensor
- Processor : 600 Mhz Qualcomm MSM7227
- OS : Android 2.1 (upgradeable to 2.2)
- RAM/ROM : 512MB ROM and 512MB RAM
- Media format :AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1 (AAC+) and HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+) formats; H.263, H.264 AVC and MPEG-4 SP files
- Camera :3 megapixels camera with autofocus
- Port: secondary VGA or 0.3
- 3240mAhLi-Polymer
- GPS: MapKing GPS Navigator;S-Uno; GPS/AGPS
- other connectivity : WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR; USB 2.0 High Speed Client, and OTG mode

source : Mobile World

It has most functions that I wanted and this tablet is faster than the Apad IRobot. I would prefer this tablet rather than IRobot as this has at least 1 year warranty in Malaysia.

The most shocking to me when I read this news was this tablet has SIM calling function, I cannot imagine when someone takes out the 7 inch tablet for phone calling..!! LOL..!!

By the way, it was a great innovation from CSL company although we don't know whether this tablet might be from China and re-brand into CSL. haha.. Anyway, I will be looking forward for the price for this tablet soon in September. I am hoping the price won't be four figures of Ringgit Malaysia and would hope for below thousand. I also hope to get this tablet on my palm if the price was reasonable.. hehe..