Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 1 : Depart from Penang

First of all, I would like to say happy holiday to all my friends.. We will have 2 weeks holiday break in conjunction of Hari Raya break and mid semester break..

So, I will spend my first week of my Hari Raya break in Shanghai, China.. Yay.. I departed from Penang on 3rd of September and will be in Shanghai until 10 September.. This was my family trip to Shanghai and our intention was to visit the Shanghai Expo 2010.. 

I will cover whole my adventure to the Shanghai in my blog :)


Haibao mascot

Day 1 : Depart from Penang

Day 1 of the trip to Shanghai began in the early morning of Friday as we have to gather in the airport two hours before the departure time.. My family and I reached in the Penang International Airport at 6am this morning.. I was so surprised to see so many locals and foreigners in the airport.. hoho.. 

I had to queue up for 45 minutes to check-in at the Cathay Pacific counter.. Then, we boarded the Cathay Pacific's plane to Hong Kong at 7.45am..!! It took us 3 and half hours to reach the Hong Kong airport and within two hours, we have to broad another plane (Dragonair) to Shanghai at 1pm.. 

I would say the Cathay Pacific's plane is similar to MAS's plane, bigger compartment and services and to compare the Dragonair to the AirAsia where the plane is smaller..

I reached the Shanghai airport at 3.35pm and then, we straight went to sit the Maglev (bullet train). The speed of the bullet train was running at 301 km/h.. superb fast.. but sadly only from one destination to another destination is available with this bullet train..

After that, we went to have our dinner in a Chinese restaurant in a 10-persons table style.. We were served with 10 different dishes.. OMG..!! I was so full until I cannot walk.. haha.. Then, we went to the famous Shanghai River.. I never expect to have so many tourists and locals there..!!


After that, we sat the travel agent's bus direct to our first hotel for tonight that is the Leisure Hotel.. It was very nice room with LAN cable internet connection and IPTV function (wow..!!) sadly, I cannot access to Facebook nor Twitter because they are blocked.. haiz..

Tomorrow, I will be in the Shanghai Expo for the whole day.. I will update my adventure tomorrow.. stay tune :)

In Penang airport

Scanner
Cathay Pacific







Super Tours travel agent

Boarding pass to Hong Kong

Cathay's aeroplane


Gate 7


Raining

Small television

accessories

TV or Radio

Hong Kong's airport




Long queue to Dragonair

Boarding pass to Shanghai

Dragonair

Shanghai recycle bins

Toilet

Phone booth

Bus that we travel with..

Bullet train

KFC..haha


Maglev ticket counter


Entrance

Maglev (Bullet train)


Volkswagen as taxi

McDonald's


Cutlery in restaurant

Restaurant for my dinner

Night view


Leisure Hotel in Shanghai


IPTV..!!!