Monday, December 28, 2009

Unwanted Bus Service Charge

What the hell..!!!

This morning I went to the Bus Prepaid Counter in DKG 1 to buy bus points.. I planned to buy RM 20 bus points which I can travel on bus for 36 times ( RM 0.55 per trip )

However, when I reached the counter, I saw this notice pasted in the counter..



Translated :
Attention. All students do not need to use the matrix card and prepaid top-up value for the bus service takes effect 28/12/09. Please note.

That's wonderful..!!! is what I thought when I read the notice.. UUM students are no longer required to buy the bus points to travel.. We can travel with bus without having our matric card scanning the scanner and we can travel unlimited for the whole semester..

BUT.. this sounds fishy.. there isn't a thing that is so good to be in UUM.. mostly are money minded (everything is also charging students)

My friends said this bus service is going to be paid by students by using auto debit to the student's school fees and would be paid by PTPTN loan.. haiz..

I checked my account statement in the UUM Portal just now and yet to put any fee charged for this bus service.. I believe this bus service fee is going to be RM 90.00 per semester..

 
As at 28/12/2009 11.00 PM

The UUM is going to charge the students soon and I am very disappointed with this idea as this semester, I am taking 7 subjects and all were packed together into 3 days of classes..

I would be using the bus service for 3 days only per week - when I'm going to class and I would be walking back to my room as my last class at 5.00 PM is at DKG 5 which is near to my hostel..

If I calculate, 3 times per week x 4 weeks x 4 months + 14 times (during exam time) = RM 0.55 x 3 x 4 x 4 + (14 x RM 0.55) = RM 34.10

I am paying RM 90.00 per semester while I am only using RM 34.10 bus service.. It is not valuable..

P/S : I wonder, would they charging every students including those who brought motorcycle or car to university..