Friday, September 18, 2009

First Experience

On 17 and 18 September, I spent my two days holiday break in Penang with my gf.. Few new experience I gained throughout these two days..

First :
I had my steamboat and bbq together with my gf, leslie, joon and kyan at Town Steamboat Restaurant located opposite the UMNO Tower Penang.. This was my first time, I went to this restaurant.. At the price of RM 17.90 per person, we can enjoy unlimited satay, dim sum, ice-cream, puddings, fish balls, salad and etc.. However, there is a rule stated that we cannot waste our food as for 100 grams waste, RM 5.00 will be charged.. As soon as, my gf and I arrived at the restaurant, we straight went to the counter to pay RM 17.90 for each person and after that, we were not hesitate to take as much food as we can.. hehe.. The restaurant is well decorated with fountain at the front as well as the unique designs at the inside..









Second :
This was my bad experience because my gf and I were approached by a Malay boy age around 16 - 18 years old and we were frightened with his request.. The story began when I reached Jetty and while crossing the pedestrian bridge to the bus terminal, we were approached by the boy and asked me RM 2.00 in Malay language..

Boy : Dua Ringgit ada?
Me : Tak ada
Boy : Dua Ringgit saja..!!
Me : Tak ada
Boy : Mana tak ada
(I ignore him and walk away slowly, then he walk beside me)
Boy : Bila orang minta, tak mau bagi, bila orang tunjuk pisau baru mau bagi, tikam kamu baru tau (at the same time, he swing his elbow to me, then he put his hand inside his pocket searching for something)
Boy : Mau bagi atau tak mahu?
Me : Tak mau
(with his angry face, he walk pass me and then curse me)

I continued walk to the Ferry Terminal and across to Butterworth by ferry.. While inside the ferry, we saw the boy on the same ferry with us and when we at the Butterworth bus terminal, I saw the boy asking money from someone..

I warned everyone to be cautious while you are in these places as the prey is looking for opportunity to take advantage on you.. Be alert and be careful..!!!

The boy may become more fierce in future as he has the gut to ask money in the daylight..


Third :
Frankly to say to all, I haven't sit on double decker bus until today because usually this bus is for long journey ride.. Today, my gf and I sit on this bus from Butterworth to Taiping..!! Surprise me because the double decker bus was used for a short destination.. I think maybe because Hari Raya break, so the bus operator increase the number of busses on each trip.. The experience on this "VIP" double decker bus was amazing, wow!! smooth and quiet while driving at high speed.. performance > expectation ; thumb up!!